- 10 kg "Type 1 - Nonno Andrea Flour" flour
- 5.5 lt water
- 400 g extra-virgin olive oil
- 250 g salt
- 200 g yeast
Set aside about 400-500 g of water to be added later. In a spiral mixer, knead the ingredients for about 7-8 minutes at the 1st speed and then for another 7-8 minutes at the 2nd speed until the dough is smooth. During the kneading cycle at the 2nd speed, add the previously set aside water a bit at a time .
Final dough temperature: 26-27° C
- PIZZA: forming dough balls from 1.1-1.2 Kg. Let stand for about 15-20 minutes at room temperature before spreading the dough out into 60x40 baking sheets.
- FOCACCIA: form dough balls from 1.8-2 kg. Let stand for about 60 minutes at room temperature and spread out on 60x40 baking sheets.
End the shaping process making dimples with your fingers in the surface of the focaccia, then adding oil, salt, and any toppings (rosemary, cherry tomatoes, onions…).
For both products, the average rising time in the proofing tray is about 60 minutes, at 28° C and with 80% of humidity
- PIZZA: after leavening the dough, proceed by spreading the tomato sauce and bake halfway at 230° C for about 12 minutes. Pull from oven and apply the rest of the toppings to taste; finish baking for about 8-10 minutes at 230° C.
- FOCACCIA: bake with steam at 230° C for 18-20 minutes.